I do not envy these next couple of days of traveling. I guess they can try not to think about it, rather just think about the cool experiences they've had. Received a couple of texts from Farrell today: "We're at the airport in Tamika after a harrowing bus ride. On the plane to Jakarta in a couple of hours. I forgot: I played soccer in the Asmat village. Part of our gift was a couple of soccer balls, so the day we got there they played soccer. There wasn't a field, just a small clearing (half the size of an indoor field) where they piled about 25 guys. I jumped in and played with them until I chased the ball in to a large mud hole up to my knees and lost my crocs. They paused the game to help me find them. :) It was really fun."
Vance posted some pictures on his facebook account. Here are some of them:
Huge spider, about 7 inches away from Farrell's face.

Dale, Mike, Brian, Matt P, Todd on the beach.
Asmat men.





No comments:
Post a Comment